PTLLS - Level 3
The following sessions will be thoroughly covered during the course to achieve the desired outcomes:
Module 1: Understand their own role, responsibilities and boundaries of role in
relation to teaching by being able to:
- Explain their own role, responsibilities, and boundaries in relation to teaching.
- Identify key aspects of relevant current legislative requirements and codes of practice within a specific context.
- Identify other points of referral available to meet the potential needs of learners.
- Identify issues of equality and diversity, and ways to promote inclusion.
- Explain the need for record keeping.
Module 2: Understand appropriate teaching and learning approaches in the
specialist area by being able to:
- Identify and demonstrate relevant approaches to teaching and learning in relation to the specialist area.
- Explain ways to embed elements of functional skills in the specialist area.
- Justify selection of teaching and learning approaches for a specific session.
Module 3: Demonstrate session planning skills by being able to:
- Plan a teaching and learning session which meets the needs of the group and individual learners.
- Justify selection of resources for a specific session.
Module 4: Understand how to deliver inclusive sessions which motivate learners
by being able to:
- Explain ways to establish ground rules with learners which underpin appropriate behaviour and respect for others.
- Use a range of appropriate and effective teaching and learning approaches to engage and motivate learners.
- Explain and demonstrate good practice in giving feedback.
- Communicate appropriately and effectively with learners.
- Reflect on and evaluate the effectiveness of own teaching.
Module 5: Understand the use of different assessment methods and the need for
record keeping by being able to:
- Identify different assessment methods.
- Explain the use of assessment methods in different contexts, including reference to initial assessment.
- Explain the need for record keeping in relation to assessment.