HABC Level 2 Award in Food Safety
The Food Safety Level 2 qualification is the accepted minimum standard for those who work in the catering and food industries. It covers a wide range of subjects to ensure that all members of staff maintain a high level of cleanliness in the workplace and actively prevent the contamination of food.
- an introduction to food safety
- Microbiological hazards
- Contamination hazards and controls
- Food poisoning and its control
- Personal hygiene
- Design of food premises and equipment
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Food pests and control
- Food safety management from purchase to service
- Food safety law and enforcement
Everybody responsible for the preparation, serving or delivery of food requires this qualification as a minimum standard. It is also an ideal springboard to the more advanced level 3 & 4 Food Hygiene Qualifications.
Multiple Choice examination